Monday 30 December 2013

Since last we spoke...

Lest you think I've given up baking and comics and have gone to live in a small, dark hole somewhere...I haven't. I am just a bit rubbish at blog upkeep (clearly), and must resolve to be better in 2014. Oh well. In the meantime, here's what I've baked since last we spoke...









Cake for the Aces Weekly birthday party - go check them out here.













Parmesan cheese and chive scones, made for a special tea and baked goods party with the lovely SouthLondonHardcore chaps (and extended SLHC family).











The Nao of Brownies (pun-tastic baking idea courtesy of Mr Paul Shinn) for a Nao of Brown centred reading group.











Lamingtons, made to satisfy the insatiable cravings of one Mr Richy K Chandler (who was very cross with me when I made them before and didn't save him one).



For Gosh!p's second anniversary, we had a little party to celebrate. In traditional Jess-style, I crafted Gosh's book table out of banana loaf (complete with stacks of icing books) and made individual cupcakes to represent each member of the reading group. Everyone then illustrated the face of the person next to them on a (mildly shoddily crafted) cake topper.





And finally - Christmas happened! I made a Yule Log for the family, and - as is traditional - it was topped by a skiing Father Christmas. Because everyone knows how they like to hang out on logs.






That's about it for 2013. I don't really do New Year's resolutions, but if I did I can assure you one would be to update this thing more regularly. So I'll just promise to try to do that. Hopefully.

...if I'm not too busy baking/reading.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment